Welcome students, teachers, parents and visitors to the Year 6 ICT Page:
Year 6 ICT Links To Explore:
Term 3 Tasks:
All Year 6 students will be working through all of these tasks throughout Term 3:
1. Re-visiting ‘Digital Citizenship’ by completing this online Test:
2. All Year 6 Students are to ENSURE they are working towards completing their eSmart Digital Licence by End of AUGUST at the VERY LATEST both in class AND at home
3. All Year 6 students will choose which creative item they wish to participate in
A: Doodle for Google Competition
B: Short Film Competition
3. All Yr 6 students will begin to explore a new app called ‘PowToon’ to create amazing animations. What is PowToon?
Check out this little clip:
How to get started with PowToon?
Here are some tutorials to get you started https://www.powtoon.com/tutorials/
Term 2 Tasks:
Students your tasks this term are:
A. Continue working through your ‘Digital Licence‘ as you need to complete this by end of Term 2.
B. Complete the 4 different sections of the Google Doc Mrs Grasso shared with you ‘Google Docs Revisit’
C. Begin a mini unit entitled ‘Avatars’.
Your tasks are:
1. Open the ‘Google Slides’ called ‘Avatars’ that has been shared with you
2. Read through the instructions
In ICT over the next few weeks, your task is to complete a slide in this collaborative document, showing your understanding of ‘Avatars’.
- What are avatars? (your own individual definition)
- Why are avatars used?
- Explore a variety of ‘Avatars’ on Mrs Grasso’s Blog
- Create 2 different avatars + a CYBERSAFE message
- Document which websites you have used to create your avatars explaining why they are appropriate to use.Mrs Grasso looks forward to seeing your designs and creations.
1. More About Internet Safety:
A: Digital Footprints
B. Cybersafety – CYBERQUOLL
2. Cool Internet Search Engines:
3. More About Em@il:
4. Great Learning Sites:
5. Great Keyboard Sites:
60 Second Challenge – 10 Fast Fingers
6. Great Computer Art Sites:
Virtual: Haring Kids
7. Cool Multimedia Sites:
8. Great Online Comics:
Here are some great sites to create your own comic books. Have a go and share with us your thoughts. Got some other sites to share? Let us know
9. Cool Inquiry Links:
10. 3D Animation Links:
Pivot Stickfigure Animator– This is a program you download from the Internet onto your computer. Pivot works only on a Windows computer (at the moment)
Check out this website for more information about this downloadable program.
This is a great 3D program you can download from the internet onto your computer ( ask your parents first!!!)
This is a program you download from the internet and install on your computer. With Scratch you can learn how to program your own interactive stories, games, and animations
Click here to learn more about Scratch Program.
11. All About Apps:
12. Computer Shortcuts:
Do you know these keyboard shortcuts?
Hello Year 5 & 6 Students,
In ICT you will be:
1. Exploring my post called ‘Minecraft Designers’.
2. Reading the post and the 5 questions listed at the end of the post.
3. Comment about ANY OR ALL of the 5 questions.
4. Next you are to work on any of these 3 areas
A: ‘Google Sketch Up’: Explore Google Sketch Up page and leave a comment, then begin to design your own 3D world.
B: ‘Scratch‘ – Explore the ‘Scratch’ Page, leave a comment, then begin to create your own ‘Scratch’ animation or design.