Welcome Year 1 Students, Teachers, Parents and Visitors
Cybersafety: Hector’s World
In ICT at the beginning of each year, students in Year 1 meet Hector and his friends and learn all about being safe on the Internet. Here is Hector and his friends:
Meet Hector & His Friends:
1. Video 1: Details, Details: Keeping your personal information safe:
‘Episode 1 – Details, Details’
Video 2: Keeping your personal information safe:
Episode 2 -‘ Welcome to the carnival’
Video 3: Keeping your personal information safe:
Episode 3 – ‘Its’ A Serious Game’
Video 4: Keeping Your Personal Information Safe:
Episode 4: ‘The Info Gang’
Video 5: Keeping Your Personal Information Safe:
Episode 5: ‘Heroes’
1. Let’s Keep Learning About ICT….
Mousing Around : Keep learning how to use your mouse
2. Great Learning Sites…
3. Lets Learn About The Keyboard…
ABC Ya! – Junior Rocket Typing
4. Lets Learn About Internet Safety…
Introducing Hector’s World. Students in Year One are learning how to be safe on the Internet. How to protect their personal information, who to ask for help.
Who are Hector’s friends? Click here to find out!!
Watch some videos about Hector and his friends as they learn about ‘Personal Information’
5. Computer Art…
6. Let’s Create:…..
7. Let’s Learn About… Space
8: The Olden Days…..
Let’s explore what life was like in the past.
Here are some activities and websites to explore:
1. Olden Day Toys:
2. NOW and Then: http://www.libertyskids.com/nowthen/index.html
3. Good Old Melbourne –Now and Then
4. History of Museum Victoria http://museumvictoria.com.au/history/
5. A List of Olden Day Games: http://mrsgebauer.com/oldfalls/games/games.htm
6. Famous People from the Olden Days: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/primaryhistory/famouspeople/
7. Virtual Tour of Melbourne Royal Exhibition Buildings: http://museumvictoria.com.au/reb/history/the-building/virtual-tour/