Here are some activities and resources that Signora and I have collected that might be useful in your learning of Italian language, culture, icons, artists, food that make the Italian people, country and culture so popular around the world.
Signora has an Italian myclasses page which you can go to here: http://www.shkew.catholic.edu.au/myclasses
You can search for famous Italians from this site: Kids Net http://encyclopedia.kids.net.au/page/li/List_of_famous_Italians
Here is another good site for finding information about Famous Italians: http://www.kids-world-travel-guide.com/famous_italians.html
All About Italy: http://www.enchantedlearning.com/europe/italy/index.shtml
Ancient Rome in 3D – Google Earth – Check Out This Amazing Video
All About Italian FOOD (Delizioso) Year 5 & 6
Buon Appetito !!
Task: Design an Italian Menu:
Questions to Think About:
1. What type of Menu are you designing? eg: Kids Menu, Pizza Menu, Pasta Menu etc
2. How can you design your menu? Vertically? Horizontally?
3. What headings will you have on your menu?
4. What are Italian words will you need on your menu?
eg: Antipasti, Carne, Pizza, Pasta, Dolci, Caffe, Zuppa, Gelati, Panini
Website Links To Help You Out:
1. You can download this menu template to help with your menu
2. Here is a HUGE list of famous Italian Food http://encyclopedia.kids.net.au/page/it/Italian_cuisine
3. Here are a sample of Kids Menus for Italian Restaurants http://www.musthavemenus.com/category/kids’-menus.html
4. Here is a sample of an Italian Menu created using Microsoft Word http://www.mywordtemplates.org/menus/template320.html
5. Checkout Brunetti Website: http://www.brunetti.com.au/
6. Sample Italian Menus http://www.musthavemenus.com/category/italian-menus.html
7. Looking for Italian pictures to use? Go to Mrs Grasso’s ‘Free Clipart Online‘ link on this blog to checkout lots of free sites to help you!!
11. Museo Italiano – All Things Italian- Our Own Mini Museum – Plus Checkout some famous faces in one of the photos who visited the Museo Italiano 🙂