In my classes students are strongly encouraged to use a search engine suitable for their age/grade level.
Across our school at the moment, all students and teachers are using
2. FUSE – Educational Search Engine –
3. Infant Encyclopedia – Great Introduction To Younger Students
4. KIDS CLICK – Search Engine
5. Quintura Kids Search Engine:
Students are strongly encouraged from junior primary right through to our senior students that copying from the Internet is not allowed and students MUST acknowledge what source they obtain information, images, video etc from for any work they create and the use paraphrasing is strongly encouraged.
Students in Year 3 – 6 begin to use a template to assist with this process
Mrs Grasso devised this template:
STUDENT RESPONSIBLE USE AGREEMENT
Each year, students at my school sign an agreement that they will follow and be aware of :
|I will not copy someone else’s work or ideas from the internet and present them as my own. I will include the web link and paraphrase the information in my own words.|
|I will be aware of copyright and not copy work without permission.|
REMEMBER: WHEN COPYING FROM THE INTERNET
1. PARAPHRASE INTO YOUR OWN WORDS
2. CORRECTLY CREDIT THE PERSON OR WEBSITE OR SOURCE YOU COLLECTED INFORMATION FROM (BIBLIOGRAPHY)