Here is a quick overview of what is happening in ICT over the next couple of weeks for the last 2 weeks of term before Spring holidays are here!!
Year 5 & 6:
eSmart Week Quiz: All students will attempt to complete the eSmart Week Quiz by the end of Week 9
Students are to then take a screenshot of their completed quiz.
Students will then begin to explore how to take ‘original photos or computer art’ to highlight what makes our school GREAT!!
This will be continued next Term using a movie making app.
Students will continue to gain skill in ‘touch typing’ by completing weekly ‘challenges’ and recording their scores in ‘Google Sheets’
A: Complete a ‘warmup’ of keyboard skills using:
‘Keyboard Climber‘ website: http://www.tvokids.com/games/keyboardclimber
B: 30 SECOND CHALLENGE: Complete 2 x 30 second challenges using:
Keyboard Game: http://www.bigbrownbear.co.uk/keyboard/index.htm
C: Complete 2 x 60 second challenges using:
10 Fast Fingers: http://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english
Students will continue exploring ‘Google Classroom’ in ICT lessons which is very exciting!!
Students will revisit how to appropriately communicate online, what is appropriate and what is not.
Students will continue to explore how to create their own designs using Microsoft Paint and add them to Pivot to make their own unique computer art for an animation.
Yr 1 Students will also explore the website: ‘NASA Kids Club‘
3: Olden Day websites
4:iMovie on iPad or iMac
Yr 2 students will also explore some websites about their ‘OLD and NEW’ Inquiry unit (Mrs Grasso’s Blog)
1. Olden Day Toys:
2. NOW and Then: http://www.libertyskids.com/nowthen/index.html
3. Good Old Melbourne –Now and Then
4. History of Museum Victoria http://museumvictoria.com.au/history/
5. A List of Olden Day Games: http://mrsgebauer.com/oldfalls/games/games.htm
6. Famous People from the Olden Days: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/primaryhistory/famouspeople/
7. Virtual Tour of Melbourne Royal Exhibition Buildings: http://museumvictoria.com.au/reb/history/the-building/virtual-tour/
Students will begin explore a variety of computer art websites bookmarked on their mydesktop page to create unique computer art.
1. Colour With Leo – http://www.colorwithleo.com/artstudio.php
2. Art Pad – http://artpad.art.com/artpad/painter/