What Are Blogs?
Blogs are websites where an administrator can add posts
For each of these posts, visitors are able to leave a ‘comment’ related to that post.
Posts are usually approved by the blog administrator before being added to the blog.
Check out this site: Blogs by BrainPOP
Here are some new words to know about blogging:
PART ONE: EXPLORING BLOGS
1. Check out these class blogs listed below
2. Listen, watch, explore
3. Start exploring these sites below!!
PART TWO: DRAFT COMMENT
- 1. Go to Mrs Grasso’s ICT Blog
- 2. Choose a ‘Post’ that you would like to ‘comment’ on, click on the title of that ‘Post’
- 3. Read the post, again, now open up a blank Microsoft Word document (or collect a paper copy from Mrs Grasso similar to the one below)
- 4. Draft your ‘reply’ to the ‘post’ based on the genre of
Letter Writing :
positive statement or paragraph based on blog post,
question to encourage a reply, closing statement
- 5. CHECK, CHECK, CHECK correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- 6. End your comment with a positive statement and REMEMBER to ONLY use your first name.
- 7. SAVE your draft comment in your ICT folder (or ask a friend or teacher to check your paper copy draft before completing this online)
PART THREE: ADDING COMMENTS TO A BLOG:
PART FOUR: OUR SCHOOL BLOGGING RULES
Many thanks to Kathleen Morris from Leopold Primary for assistance in creating these blogging guidelines