Howdy Students, Parents and Teachers;
This year at school, students will be given the opportunity to design, build and quite possibly race billy carts!
What an exciting Term it will be for Students in Year 3 & 4!!
Some introductory questions for you:
1. What is a billy cart?
2. How and where can you find out about billy carts?
3. What could be used to build a billy cart?
4. Have you ever built something then actually used it?
Check out these Billy Cart games to get your ideas flowing….
1. Build and Race a Billy Cart based on the ‘My Place’ series- click here
2. Play this game – first build your billy car then you can race it! Click here
History of Billy Carts in Australia….
Check out this Historical information from Powerhouse Museum Sydney about Billy Carts
Check out these step by step instructions for ideas…
3. How to build a Billy Cart – check out these step by step instructions from Bunnings: Box_billycart
4. Check out this video from Bunnings – How to Build A Billy Cart!
5. Check out this instruction page from ‘Better Homes and Gardens’ How to Build A Billy Cart
Check out these blog recounts and videos from students who have designed, built and raced billy carts….
6. students from Leopold Primary Year 4 billy cart unit of work
7. St Kilda Primary School Billy Cart Day
Do you have any questions you could ask students from Leopold Primary or St Kilda Primary School?
Mrs Grasso, Mr Price and the Middle School Teachers look forward to an exciting time designing, planning, preparing, documenting, recording, building and test driving billy carts in Semester 2. 🙂